Pangaea Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Einar Fjalarson

Go down

Einar Fjalarson Empty Einar Fjalarson

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:12 am

Einar Fjalarson Iceland001

Name: Einar Fjalarson
Quarter: North East quarter
Job: Student
God(s):
He worships most of the gods casually, but the one he gives the most attention too is Loki, the trickster and the god of fire.
Gift:
He has found favoured with Loki and has been given Sight, the ability to see into the future, and can do it by looking into the fire. Loki lives up to his trickster nature and the visions Einar’s receive are sometimes useful, sometimes useless, and sometimes there is deeper puzzle in them that he must figure out for himself.
Personality:
He tries to appear cool and composed like his brother, but is actually rather passionate and can be extremely hot headed. He tends to spend to hours in solitude, and with his already anti-social tendencies, he can be lonely a times (but will refuse to admit to this). He is rebellious, ignoring requests or talking back to people if they annoyed him. He really does care about his family and the few people he feels comfortable calling friend. He is willing to help people he doesn’t know very well, but he will do so grudgingly. He isn’t the best with romantic relationships in the beginning, being shy and standoffish; though given time, he will warm up to his partner. He is a bit of a tsundere, but he would rather die than admit it.
He is modest and embarrassed about his looks, especially since the other males are larger and have more muscle than him. He is sickly, but enjoys being outdoor and swimming. He isn’t always allowed outside since his mother worries about him making himself sicker. His father encourages it though, and because of this he has a better relationship with his father. The person he has the closest relationship to is his brother. He is self-conscious and worries about sounding like an idiot, so he tends to be cautious about what he says; preferring to not speak too much around people he doesn’t feel comfortable with.

Appearance:
He dresses in proper school clothes, with gloves to prevent ink from staining his hands. On his days off, he can be a bit more causal, but he just tends to be more comfortable in what he wears for class (with a more relaxed feel to it). One of the most unusual aspects of his dress is a pendent he keeps hidden under his shirt. It is something he has always had and cannot remember how he got, oddly enough. When he asked his parents about it, they shrugged and informed him he just came home with it one day. His mother knew better than to try and remove it, since it bore the marks of the twin serpents on the back.

Strengths:
*Writing - He is good with literature and enjoys writing stories.
*The Sight - He can’t see important events in his own future, but he can see some things.
*Singing
*A Cool Exterior - He may be hot tempered, but he can look cool and collect most of the time (if he isn’t too riled up or upset).
*He is rather loyal to his friends and family since he really does not have many of either.

Weaknesses:
*short tempered/sharp tongue - Both can get him into trouble, especially when he loses his temper.
*His poor health.
*Math - It doesn’t like him and he doesn’t like it.
*Depression - He can fall into a bout of depression randomly and it will last for a few weeks (but it does not happen often).
*being stubborn
*Birds -Especially sea birds.
*Saunas and hot springs
*The outdoors - He finds nature peaceful and relaxing. There are few places he’d rather be then at the beach, by the sea.
*Winter (even though he deals with fire, he enjoys snow and ice).
*Swimming
*Music (and singing)

Dislikes:
*Warm temperature
*Getting teased by his brother/or about his small size
*Loud noises/crowded places/loud people
*Most physical contact (eg. Hugs) - He doesn’t like people invading his personal bubble.
*Being seen undressed - He is embarrassed about his body and doesn’t want people to see it.
*Unusual insects - If they don’t look like normal bugs (ants, lady bugs, bees, etc.), he really doesn’t want anything to do with them.

Quirks:
*He has a brother who he is friendly with, but denies that they are brothers
*He is often seen carrying around a little bag of Liquorice fish
*He has a pet puffin that he always has with him. His name is Mr. Puffin.
*Even though he has white hair, he isn’t an albino.

Phobias:
*Unusual insects that are not usually found in his quarters.
*Being forgotten about

History:
Einar was born to one of the richer families in the North Western Quarter, but by no means the richest. His father was a large burly man, who was quiet and solemn, but loved his family dearly and was secretly a massive softy. He deals with high class goods and often interacts with the higher class. His mother was a lovely lady, quiet and is as fair featured as the rest of her family; though has always been poor of heath, something that Einar unfortunately took after. She worshipped the goddess Freyja and even though people were only supposed to be given one gift, there were often whispers about her being given extra skills and being unusually close to Freyja (even though she did not live in the citadel). Einar learned at a young age not to question these facts as his mother would never say much about them. Both of his parents are still alive and living with him, though he hopes to eventually move out.

As a young boy Einar was always poor of health, consistently getting sick and being unable to play with the other children. He was often alone, though his brother was rather good to him. One day, when he was being rebellious and had snuck close to the shore, he saw a little chick walking around, lost and confused. Einar picked him up and did not see a nest nearby, so he took him home. His mother was less than please with the find, but Einar kept him. Soon the chick’s name was Mr. Puffin he followed Einar everywhere, becoming one of his closest companions.

Einar has met Loki once as a young child. He does not remember the event well, but it does not matter since he would interact with this god indirectly for the rest of his life because every once in a while a small request would be made for him to do a task for Loki. He does not understand them, but Loki is a cunning trickster who is always planning something to either fool the other gods or help them. Einar tends to tries to ignore what Loki is doing and finds he is mostly successful.

As Einar grew a bit older, he started school and found it to be quite enjoyable, especially since being sickly didn’t affect him in his studies. He has a gift in literature and his tutor tended to focus on that rather than mathematics since Einar had always been quite hopeless when it comes to numbers. He also has a tutor of music and even though his parents initially wanted him to focus on an instrument, once his tutor heard him sing he was permitted to study that instead and he enjoys doing so. He is not sure what field he wishes to go into in the future, though he isn’t too worried about it.

RP Sample:
Iceland wondered what else he could do when she gave him that terrified look. He had already given his blanket; perhaps he should bring her back to school so someone she is closer with could take care of it. He was never exactly good with giving comfort and things of that nature and he figured it would be best if Australia or England took care of it. She then let out a shaky thank you and he nodded his understanding. She didn’t need to thank him, it was the least anyone could do.

Then she hugged him and he stiffened. He was not used to physical contact and it made him rather uncomfortable. He awkwardly returned the hug and patted her back. “You’re welcome.” He muttered, relieved when she released him, still smiling, meaning she was not offended by his discomfort. He also backed up a few steps, needing a bit more space. It wasn’t her or the fact it was her government that was bothering him, he was just used to having space between him and other people and having people invade his personal bubble was uncomfortable.

When she asked about his boss, he nodded and then realized she wasn’t even looking at him, “Yes, she has been…unhappy with some things going on right now.” At least he wasn’t the only one being annoyed with this situation, maybe he could talk to New Zealand and get her boss to back off. She had always seemed friendly the few times they had ever interacted and definitely would understand about the importance of cultural traditions; that massive tattoo on her back proved it to him. Once he was sure she was calm and alright, he would bring it up. He nodded, “Jà, coming to the beach relaxes me.”

Out Of Character
Name: Chris
Anything Else?: Well, you asked for favorite gods as well at the end of the rules and my favorite has to be Loki. His mythology is rich and can be extremely funny at times

Last edited by Einar Fjalarson on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:40 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Einar Fjalarson Empty Re: Einar Fjalarson

Post  Gods Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Unfortunately, for the time being, you are...

REJECTED

I have a small issue with the fact that you have given Iceland two Gifts rather than the one that each character is supposed to have. Also, and really I don't mean to be rude or anything I promise, I was curious as to where you're from, because I noticed an awful lot of typos and awkward phrasing in your application. I can understand if English is your second language, but we would definitely be looking for improvement in that area. Also, as the island is very secluded, there is really only one language that everyone understands. Sorry.

So please! Go ahead and edit your application and let me know when you feel it's ready for a second go. Thank you so much for your interest!
Gods
Gods
Admin

https://pangaeaisland.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:32 am

Alright, here is my second try. I am sorry about the two gift things. To be honest, as I was looking through the accepted applications, I saw Seychelles and my first glance through, I didnt see how her ability to hear messages through water and her ability to control it was connected accept for the water aspect so I did the same thing. Second time, after mine had been rejected. I looked at it again and realized that no, the waterspeaking was definitely connected, unlike mine. So I do apologise. As for my ability to speak English, I am American and actually am in a top rank university. I will admit, I tend to make my sentences more complicated than they have to be and typos happen (especially when you keep changing your ideas, so change part of a sentence and then do not do a good job proofreading it). Well, I hope I am accepted this second time though and if not, I wish your group all the best.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gods Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:13 pm

We're terribly sorry, but we feel that it would be best to reject your application a second time. If you would like to try again at some point in the future, you will not be dissuaded. Thank you for your interest, and again, we are really sorry about this.
Gods
Gods
Admin

https://pangaeaisland.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum